Valdez Had A Stronger Tourism Season In Summer Of 2012

Alaska camper park.
Cutting salmon in Valdez, Alaska.
Valdez Had A Strong July -- Up From Last Year;  
And, Hey! The Fish Are Finally In! 

At the 31-room Downtown B&B Inn in Valdez, travelers include Europeans, Alaskans, fishermen and people who just like to travel on their own -- and who enjoy independent lodging with other travelers they can chat with. There's a complimentary breakfast with a choice of boiled eggs, cereal, juice, and a wide  variety of healthy foods.

According to Glenn Mills at Downtwon B&B: "It's busy this weekend. It's been pretty good this July. I can't believe the fish didn't come in until just now! For the last couple of weeks I've been turning people away because I was booked. I probably turned 20 or 30 away. Now I've got rooms available. I'll probably get them with walk-ins, today and tomorrow. We don't have any cruise ships in here at all. I think we're up a little bit this year from last year. The fish are here now... people keep saying they're jumping all over the place!"